I can't believe tomorrow is May! I'll be finishing up finals this week and then enjoying my LAST summer as a college student. Whaaaaat. I've had some questions about my morning and night skincare routine so I decided to put in a blog post and link the products I use.
1. African black soap | I always like to start my mornings off by washing my face with a splash of cold water. Not only does this close your pores, but it helps to wake me up because I'm definitely not a morning person (where's my night owls at?!).
2. Pond's Moisturizer | Okay, I like LOVE this stuff. I use it morning and night. I recently began using the Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream and have noticed a major change in the smile lines around my mouth. If you're not yet ready to use a wrinkle cream, I linked another one from Pond's below that works just as good at keeping your skin hydrated.
3. Primer | If you're not using a primer before applying makeup, then why are you even putting on makeup?! Before I knew about primer (back in high school), I would always wonder why my makeup wouldn't stay on all day. In college, I began noticing primer on YouTube videos. After researching it, I found out that it's literally the glue that holds your makeup all together. Before you get your panties in a wad....no it doesn't have glue in it.
4. Sunscreen | Adding a good sunscreen to your morning routine is key for keeping your skin healthy. There are even some moisturizers that have SPF in it. So you only have to buy and apply one product. I highly recommend Nip + Fab's (moisterizer + SPF). It doesn't smell the greatest but works like a charm.
shop the products
1. Face wipe |
2. Nip + Fab Glycolic Cleansing Fix | I always use this after using my wipes because it helps remove any dirt or makeup that they couldn't get.
3. Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads | Alright so this one isn't an every night thing but I love using them at least twice a week. If my skin is looking extra dull, I use it more. The glycolic and salicylic acid helps to improve your skin's exfoliation process and help it look more hydrated to give a bright complexion.
4. Pond's Moisturizer & Nip + Fab's Glycolic Fix Serum | So of course after washing your face, you need to add a little moisturizer. At night, I like to add in the fix serum. I simply put a little of the Pond's on the back of my hand and squeeze a dab of the serum. Here I mix it together and apply to my face. This helps improve your skin's texture and reduce wrinkles and pore size.
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion | Okay, so after my face is properly cleaned and hydrated, I apply the drying lotion to any pimples that may be forming. I've tried other pimple creams and have to say, this is literally the BEST stuff. If I have any whiteheads that formed during the day, it instantly clears them up...all why I'm asleep. Best part is that it doesn't dry your face out in the process. This product is a bit pricey ($16 at Ulta) but totally worth the splurge in my opinion. Also it lasts forever! I've had it for months and it's still not empty.
shop the products
1. Face Masks at least once a week.
2. Glycolic products are your best friend. Seriously. They help with your skin's exfoliation process and reducing pore size.
3. Always wash your make-up off at night. No matter if you're super tired, make sure your face is clean once you hit the pillow. Even if you just use a wipe.
4. Use lip balm at night. Trust me, your soft, hydrated lips will thank you once you wake up.
5. Drink TONS of water. Along with a good moisturizer, this helps keep your skin looking hydrated and glowy like you just stepped out of a spa.
6. Start implementing an anti-wrinkle routine in your twenties. When I was younger, I remember my grandma always telling me to begin using a wrinkle cream in my twenties. Her skin always looked fabulous and to this day, it STILL does.
shop the products
**In collaboration with Nip + Fab. All opinions are my own. If you would like to try their products head on over to @cvspharmacy and @ultabeauty.**