This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ColorMeHydrated #CollectiveBias
If you're a lover of all things travel like I am, then you're going to want to listen up on today's blog post. I'm talking all about how to stay hydrated while you travel and what I love to wear while heading to the airport.
what to wear
A Styled by Becca blog post just wouldn't be the same without some style tips, now would it?! I love sharing my tips with y'all on what to wear for various activities in life especially my absolute favorite thing to do....travel! This may seem a bit odd, but I absolutely love going to the airport. The smell, the people, the atmosphere, and most importantly the idea that soon I'll be on a plane heading somewhere new. I love adventure and exploring new places if you couldn't tell by now. Without further adieu, here are a couple tips I've found to be helpful when choosing your airport outfit of the day + what I'll be wearing on my next trip.
1. Comfort doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style. | When heading to the airport, I feel like most people believe you have to choose one or the other. Comfort or stylish. Stylish or comfort. This my friend, would be a total myth. Staying stylish AND comfortable is so easy. It's just all about knowing how to accomplish both at the same time.
2. Pack items to stay hydrated while you wait, during your flight, and after. | I'll go into more detail with this one in the "Why it's Important to Stay Hydrated" section below.
3. Wear shoes that easy to get on and off. | Trust me, you'll totally thank me later. I always try to wear sandals because of the chaos that happens at security checkpoint. There's always a long line and I always feel rushed to get all my items into the bin. Wearing sandals means you can place them in the bin, go through security, and slip them right on afterwards. If you're not really a sandal person, little tip: before you get into the line or make it to the front of the line unlace/unzip your shoes. Once you get almost to the front, go ahead and take them off. It'll save you time. Don't be that person who waits until they get the front of the line to start untying and unzipping everything. Ugh, total travel pet peeve of mine!
4. Dress in layers. | Yes, you heard right....style an outfit with layers in mind! Even if you're headed to a tropical place such as Jamaica, Bahamas, etc., this is still the perfect tip. Now I don't mean wear a huge cardigan, jacket, hat, scarf, and so on. I'm talking wear a pair of shorts, comfy tee/tank or dress, and add in a light cardigan. It gets cold on the plane and if you have a long flight, you're going to want to get cozy. Layering is perfect because once you reach your destination, you can strip some of those layers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
See what I did there?! I bought this light sweater recently and decided to pair it with denim shorts and sandals. Since I was headed to Las Vegas, I knew it was going to be hot but the plane ride wasn't. My favorite sandals helped me at security so I could slip them on and off easily and not be that person like I talked about above. No ma'am, no ma'am, no ham, no spam...you'll never catch me doing that!
why it's important to keep yourself hydrated during your travels
Are you ready for this?! This is where the vitaminwater ZERO comes in. During your flight your skin can go absolutely crazy. Like Britney Spears circa 2007 crazy. Due to the lack of humidity in the air, your skin can dry out super quick. This dryness causes your skin to overcompensate and produce more oil. It's your body's way of saying, "hey girl, your skin's dryer than the Sahara Desert...we're going to help you out by producing more oil to stop the madness." This overcompensation of oil can clog your pores and cause pimples. Trust me, the last thing you need right before stepping off into your big vacation is a face full of acne. Yuck. I love packing my favorite moisturizer and vitaminwater ZERO in my carry-on to make sure my face and body stays fully hydrated. This will keep my skin from going crazy and my body from falling asleep during check-in.
My favorite flavor is the "Squeezed Lemonade." It's full of electrolytes and vitamin C, which helps keep your energy up. Totally needed for a full day of travel. Other flavors pictured are Power-C Dragonfruit and Rise Orange.
take a shelf-selfie to unlock a coupon
Who knew taking a selfie (or shelf-selfie I should say) could be so rewarding?! I always buy my vitaminwater ZERO at Target because 1. they're such a good price (mine were only 88 cents a piece...what a steal!) and 2. if you take a shelfie, you can unlock a coupon.
Right now you're probably wondering, "what in the world is a shelf-selfie?!" Let me explain it for you. Target has a free app (Cartwheel) you can download that helps you earn coupons towards items in their store. If you take a shelf-selfie, text it to 89000, you can get redeem a hidden Cartwheel offer for vitaminwater ZERO.
1. Visit your local Target or if you're like me visit them all. Seriously, I've been to Target three times this week and it's only Thursday. Oops.
2. Take a shelf-selfie in front of the vitaminwater shelf. Make sure there are no other brands in the picture.
3. Text your shelf-selfie to 89000 and you'll receive a Cartwheel offer link to get 15% off a 20oz vitaminwater ZERO.
It's seriously that simple and my new favorite thing about Target.
To see some more tips to staying hydrate with vitaminwater or to see some other shelf-selfie examples, head to the link below (click on more information). You can also search up the hashtag #colormehydrated on Instagram!