Since vacation season is right around the corner, I decided I would put together a guide on what to pack for the beach, link some of my favorites, and the best beaches.
what to wear on the beach
1. Beach Towel | You'll definitely want to bring a beach towel not only to dry off once you're ready to leave but to lay on throughout the day while getting your tan on.
2. Coverup & Sandals | Def pack a swimsuit coverup and sturdy sandals to slip on and off over your bikini. I like this one because it's perfect to wear as a coverup or out and about while exploring the town.
3. Water Bottle | Don't forget to stay hydrated! It can get super hot on the beach so make sure to bring a water bottle. I like this one because it super cute, holds tons of water, and at a great price. $25...WHAT A STEAL GIRL.
4. Swimsuit | This is a no brainer. I mean you can't go to the beach with your swimsuit right? I'm really loving the pattern mixing trend right now and I love being able to add that into my swimsuit as well. Little tip for mixing patterns: Choose one dominate pattern and then add a smaller, complementing pattern that is in the same color group.
what to wear out on the town
1. Maxi | Find a maxi that you absolutely love. Because most likely you'll either be sunburnt or tan and speaking from experience maxi's are the easiest way to either show off a tan or when you're sunburnt to high heaven. I linked this ASOS maxi because of the low neckline. It's perfect to sport your new sun kissed skin.
2. Wedges | For most people when they go to the beach, they love getting dressed up and heading down at sunset for pictures and wedges are the perfect heel to walk in while doing that. Unlike pumps, they won't sink into the sand and cause a wardrobe mishap.
3. Beach Tote | Okay, can we just talk about this tote?! I mean like insert all the heart eye emojis please. I love how versatile this bag is. Perfect to carry towels, sunscreen, etc while on the beach, but also perfect to tote around as you explore the city at night.
shop the look
Extra Items to Bring:
bluetooth speaker to play music on throughout the day
If you're still on the fence about what beaches to vacation at this year, here's my favorites that I've visited:
Paradise Beach, Cozumel
Ochos Rios, Jamaica
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman Island