TRAVEL: 5 Must Have Places to Travel to in 2018 + Where I'll be Traveling
Trying to get on an actual posting schedule for 2018 and so far, it's not going so perfectly. oops. I mean't for this post to originally go up today at 6pm, but with traveling yesterday and not sleep 24+ hours, ya girl needed a break and some sleep.
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to travel more and by traveling I mean to places I've never been to, sooo not Vegas or Disney World, although I know I'll end up there at some point in 2018 (and I'm totally okay with that). I already have a couple trips planned for the first part of 2018 so I wanted to share those and see if y'all had any recs for those cities! Help ya girl out!
I also wanted to share a couple cities I've visited, absolutely fell in love with, and some recs I had for each city!
5 Cities You MUST Visit in 2018
1. DC - I've been to our country's capitol twice, one in the eighth grade and one last year. Each time I go, I find more things to do and fall more in love with city. However, a couple restaurants, attractions, hotels, and stores will always be my fave!
*Spy Museum - Def a must if you have kids and def a must even if you don't. Like no joke, this is probably my favorite thing to do in DC. You go through this experience where you're legit a spy. Your team has an hour to solve the crime, find the criminals, and return safely to headquarters aka the gift shop/lobfby. I remember at one point we were in the back of a van heading to an interrogation and the next running from dogs (well only the sound of them, but it still made the experience fun).
*Monuments/Museums - You can't visit DC and not see all of the monuments/museums, am I right? My favorites to see each time I'm in DC are Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Monument, & the Holocaust Museum, and a Capitol Tour. I've yet to go on a White House tour, but it's a MUST the next time I visit DC!
*Kimpton Glover Park - I worked with the Kimpton on a photoshoot and let me tell you, not only is a GORGEOUS hotel, but the staff are all soooo helpful and sweet. They made sure we had everything we needed and more. It's also in the perfect spot to see the Cherry Blossoms bloom in the spring!
2. Vegas - I've been to Vegas soooo many times, since I have family who lives there. I've done a ton of the tourist things, but there are still some I haven't done yet.
*CSI Museum - If you're into crime shows, you're def going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the CSI Museum. It's located in the MGM Resort and was less than $30 to do. You'll receive a crime and you have to go through each step (crime scene, forensics, etc.) to solve it! They have different crimes so you can buy the package and solve both if you want.
*Grand Canyon Tour - I haven't done this one yet, but it's a must on my Vegas to-do list! You can book a tour (def recommend doing it on Groupon to save some $$$), where they will pick you up on the strip and you'll take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
*Seven Magic Mountains - This is an attraction you'll have to drive about 30-45 minutes to get to. So if you're not renting a car, this isn't the attraction for you. SMM is an art installation legit in the desert of Vegas. There isn't anything to do out there except take pictures/video, but it's def a cool sight to see. You can even climb the rocks (not sure if you're supposed to, but I know I have done it and seen others do it too, sooooo) and gets some insanely cool photos.
*Fashion Show Mall - Legit my favorite mall in Vegas (and there are a ton, trust me). It's right on the strip, so easy access and has a variety of stores. From department/more affordable (aka Forever 21) to more expensive/high-end (aka Louis Vuitton).
3. Disney World - I could go on and on about everything to do in and near Disney World, but I'm going to save this one for another blog post going live in a couple weeks!
4. Savannah - Living near Savannah (I go to school 40 minutes from Sav), I've had the chance to visit on the weekends. Instead of putting my recs here, I wanted to get together an entire blog post about what to do in the city, that isn't just walking River Street. I'll let y'all know when I plan on making it go live!
Where I'll be traveling in 2018
1. Nashville, New Orleans, or Toronto - My cousin and I go to different colleges, but we usually always have the same spring break. Last year, she stayed in DC and I came to her. This year, we want to travel somewhere new that we've never been before. Our choices right now are Nashville, New Orleans, or Toronto (tickets are super cheap to go there in March btw!).
2. New York - In order to graduate, I had to choose a couple classes to take. Two were all about design/sewing and since I'm a merchandising major, I didn't want to take any of those. The third choice was to go to New York. So right after graduation, I'll be packing up and heading to the big city for a week. Here my class will be exploring and visiting different places related to the fashion industry.
3. Cruise - For my graduation present, my parents are surprising me with a cruise. Most likely to the Caribbean, so if you've been on a cruise lately, what ports do you love to visit?